Cricket legend Kapil Dev today launched SloPho, a new social gamified collaboration platform. Available on desktop and mobile platforms, SloPho is aimed at end users as well as corporate. Through Slopho, users can earn points by participating in games, contests, polls and quizzes. Earned points can be redeemed or transferred/gifted as prizes or bartered for advertising space on the platform.
Slopho gives users own page where they can control their followers, segment them into various categories as friends, family and colleagues among others; to share text, pictures and video. Users can also monetize their page by allowing advertising on it. They have the option to follow and unfollow a brand, share information across other social networking sites from their SloPho page.
For businesses, the SloPho platform lets them target campaigns by region and language. They can put up gamified promotions and access analytics data for better monitoring campaign success rates.
SloPho will be soon available in three Indian languages - Hindi, Gujarati and Tamil. It will also be extended in markets countries such as UAE and Africa.
Speaking at the launch, Kapil Dev, Co-owner and Promoter said, “With SloPho, we want to give users, corporates and professionals, a social platform that not only fulfils their need to connect and collaborate, but also earn rewards for it in a way that matters most to them.”
He added, “This social platform is truly for everyone and is our contribution to the Prime Minister’s Make in India initiative. Our aim is to take it to every smartphone user, corporate and professional in the country and then internationally by providing ease of use, accessibility on smartphone OS platform as well as availability in different languages. Since mobile is fast becoming the preferred mode of internet access, we built the final product as a mobile application. We believe the mobile application will help us achieve our target of atleast 5-6 million users and 25 large corporates in the first year.”
“We created a desktop version to beta test the concept first among evolved Internet users. We tested it for over a year and the results were amazing. The daily average time spent by a user was an hour and 15 minutes. We took it to a few corporates like Airtel Nigeria and Dhampur Sugar that ran promotions and were happy with the results. Today, with the launch of mobile app we believe not only will time spent by users increase significantly but it will also allow corporates and professionals to reach out and engage a much larger connected base of users,” said Aman Sahani, Co-Founder and CEO, SloPho.com.
Other Popular Deals
- Top 10 Android launchers (December 2016)The 10 best job hunting apps on Android
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer