Microsoft has announced that the Skype Translator Preview technology for Windows Desktop app will be available by the end of Summer 2015 on all Windows desktops. Microsoft reveals there has been a 300% increase in usage of Skype Translator after it made it easier to obtain the Skype Translator preview by removing the sign-up requirement last month.
Microsoft said in a statement: “Microsoft is excited to announce that the Skype Translator Preview technology for Windows Desktop app will be available by the end of Summer 2015 on all Windows desktops. The update is yet another step in bringing Skype Translator closer to people’s lives. As of today, the Skype Translator preview application includes four spoken languages: English, Spanish, Italian and Mandarin, as well as 50 written instant messaging languages. Microsoft made it easier to obtain the Skype Translator preview by removing the sign-up requirement last month and since then, there has been a 300% increase in usage of Skype Translator.” You can download the Skype Translator preview application here.
The latest announcement comes shortly after Skype for web (Beta) was made available for all new and existing users in the US and UK. “Skype for Web makes it quicker and easier than ever before to connect with friends, family and colleagues around the world, for free – directly from Skype.com. It’s perfect if you prefer using the web rather than an app: perhaps you’re sitting at a computer that doesn’t already have Skype downloaded. Or maybe you’re on the go and using an internet café or hotel computer whilst on vacation where you can’t download Skype at all. Using Skype for Web makes it more convenient to get to your conversations,” explained Skype in a post.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (December 2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer