Samsung will most likely be launching its next flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S8 in a few days at its ‘Unpacked 2017’ event in New York. Since everyone cannot be a part of the event, Samsung has launched an app for the event on Google’s Play Store and Apple’s App Store. Also called Unpacked 2017, it seems like the app aims to offer all information about the upcoming smartphone at a single place.
The home screen of the app shows users a timer counting down to the event. Swiping down reveals information about the event, while swiping up shows any event videos. The video section currently has two videos, but this number should increase as the event get closer and Samsung launches even more teasers for the phone. Swiping to the right lets users register via their email address and invitation code. However, CNET reports that any attempt at registration results in an error message stating that registrations start from March 22. The app also gives users the option live stream the event when it starts.
Samsung is expected to launch two versions of the Galaxy S8 on March 29. Both devices are expected to sport curved displays and come with the company’s own AI assistant called Bixby. The smartphone is expected to be powered by either the Snapdragon 835 SoC or the Exynos 9 SoC based on the region.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer