Saavn has introduced Saavn Original Programming, a platform for original audio content based shows. The platform aims to take the online radio concept one step further by providing shows that are exclusive to it to make itself an entertainment platform, rather than just being restricted to being a song streaming service.
Saavn has partnered with eminent content creators like radio icon Neelesh Mishra, podcast network Indus Vox, digital media brand Arre and several others to launch 10 new diverse shows based on traditional radio content like storytelling mixed with modern topics like casual humor and technology. There is also a new program called the Saavn Artist in Residence, through which Saavn will be highlighting emerging new artists. The first Artist-in-Residence is Nucleya, the popular and iconic Indian indie electronic artist.
Rishi Malhotra, Saavn Co-Founder & CEO at the launch of Saavn Original Programming
The structure indicates a competition with existing popular modes of media consumption like video sharing sites. Saavn has a reach in about 190+ countries and this reach will be at the disposal of the content and its creator. Following Saavn’s original revenue model, this platform will also have advertisements, with a freemium type model also in consideration. The full slate of Saavn Originals, at launch, includes:
- Qisson Ka Kona with Neelesh Misra – 4 episodes/week
- Trial By Error: The Aarushi Files, hosted by Nishita Jha - 1 episode/week
- Neelesh Misra’s Time Machine –1 episode/week (launching mid-June)
- Maed in India, hosted by Mae Thomas - 1 episode/week
- Cyrus Says, hosted by Cyrus Broacha - 2 episodes/week
- The Paodcast, hosted by Amit Gurbaxani, Purva Mehra, and Pronoti Datta - 1 episode/fortnight
- Geek Fruit, hosted by Tejas Menon and Jishnu Guha - 1 episode/week
- Eat. Sleep. Joke. Repeat., hosted by Karan Agarwal - 1 episode/week
- TFG Sports Podcast, hosted by Vageesh Bhan, Vivek Krishnan, and Chiranjit Ojha - 5 episodes/week
- All Balls with Ayaz Memon - 1 episode/week
Existing Saavn app users will receive an update in the third week of April which will showcase a new design for the app itself. And following that, on the first of May the shows will debut on the service.
Other Popular Deals
- Top 10 Android launchers (December 2016)The 10 best job hunting apps on Android
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer