Reliance Entertainment launched its “first multilingual all-in-one entertainment app” – Chillx, in its new venture with a digital media and distribution company FunOnGo Media & Entertainment LLP, founded by Vijay Singh and Ujjwal Narayan.
Aiming to be your one stop entertainment app, Chillx offers over the top content in the form of films, short movies, videos, games, recommended apps in a variety of Indian regional languages. Chillx currently supports Hindi, Marathi, Gujrati, Bengali, Kannada, Malayalam, Tamil and Telegu, apart from English.
The app currently supports free as well as subscription models that will be announced soon. The app is currently only available for Android and can be download from Play Store, whereas there is no official word on the iOS app. Chillx offers you the option of either streaming the content online or users can also download it and view it later.
Chillx also offers a digital entertainment store that curates a mix of games, music, videos and entertainment news along with movies for the users, depending upon the usage habits. Users will also be able to try the paid apps and games before they could buy it. The app also features a reward system where users can earn reward points by liking or sharing the content,along with inviting friends. The reward points can then be used to unlock paid content on the app. Along with being downloadable freely from the Play Store, the app could also come preloaded on selected OEM devices that Reliance Entertainment will be partnering with.
Sweta Agnihotri, CEO – Content Syndication, Reliance Entertainment- spoke about Chillx; "While Apps downloaded are mostly in line with global popularity, interest in content consumption in regional language is high. We see smart phone screen as a fantastic gateway to the consumer and our cross functional team will leverage its understanding of content and industry relationships to amplify value offering to the consumer.”
Vijay Singh CEO, FunOnGo Media & Entertainment LLP- said “This endeavor allows us to widen the scope of consumer engagement on a scale that is possible only when you are a part of India’s leading entertainment conglomerate like Reliance Entertainment.”
Shibasish Sarkar, Chief Operating Officer, Reliance Entertainment said: “Digital platforms are encouraging a wider audience with diverse consumption patterns, we recognize that this calls for innovative approach in the manner we produce and present our content. The launch of Chillx is in line with our business vision.”
It would be interesting to see how Reliance Entertainment’s Chillx appeals to users alongside other streaming apps such as Netflix, Hotstar, Voot, etc. that also have similar offerings and have been in the market for comparatively longer.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (December 2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer