After two quick events, on World Water Day and Easter, Pokemon Go is promising a big one for this summer. According to company executives, a “huge” events is scheduled for this summer. The information comes from Yoshiji Kawashima, GM, Niantic and Kenji Suka, General Marketing Manager, who were speaking to K-Tai Watch.
“I hope you’re looking forward to this huge event this summer. Please look forward to it. Engineers are working hard now so that new functions can be implemented,” said Kawashima. While the executives haven’t explicitly confirmed what these features will be, speculations are that the game will have a raid feature soon, and PvP modes and trading. Also rumoured is a legendary event, which will bring the long awaited Legendary Pokemon from the anime to the game.
Niantic hasn’t confirmed a release date for the update either, although the company has confirmed that a co-op mode is coming to the game soon. CEO John Hanke had recently said that the company wants to improve how gym battles are fought, so this could be something to do with that. Also, hints in Pokemon Go’s code have been found, that indicate that a raid feature is coming. It is unclear how the feature will work, but we’re imagining tagging with a bunch of friends to take on a really powerful Larvitar or Dragonite.
Further, reports say Niantic has been working on an Augmented Reality device for Pokemon Go players. However, development for this one has been put on hold, for AR tech to mature a little more. The company had recently added 80 new Pokemon to the game, from the Johto season of the anime. Following this, Pokemon Go has had special events for World Water Day and Easter recently. While the first event increased the number of water Pokemon appearing for players, the second was about hatching eggs in the game.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (December 2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer