When Prisma took over the world after its launch back in June, and all you could see everywhere on social media were selfies painted by Da Vinci and Van Gogh, a large section of users were clamouring for video support. The developers had promised to include video filters initially and they have kept their word. So far, people looking for Prisma like effects for videos had to go for other apps on both platforms. But right now iOS users can rejoice as the original artsy photo editor has now brought in support for video editing, albeit at a curtailed length of 15 seconds.
The iOS app for Prisma now supports video filters that allow you to choose from 9 filters and apply them to clips that are not longer than 15 seconds. In the case of a longer clip, the app allows you to choose a 15-second clip from within the longer video. And the entire video processing takes place locally on the phone, so you can use it without a data connection but do expect your hardware to heat up depending on which iPhone you’re using at the moment. Also, Prisma will require at least iOS 10 for video editing, and the actual time that it will take to process the video also depends on how capable the hardware for your phone is.
Android users might have to wait for a while, or they could try their hands at one of the many competitors and clones that have become prominent since Prisma became popular. Some, like Magic Movie, offer you granular control over the end results and might be offering better-looking outputs right now (note that Prisma video editing is still in beta), but if you’re looking for a simple hassle free interface you might want to stick to Prisma patiently.
Other Popular Deals
- Best Alternative Apps for your Android PhoneThe 10 best job hunting apps on Android
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer