- A Bluetooth* audio device, like a headset or speaker that can play sounds.
- Connect your Intel® Edison board to a Wi-Fi* network, see Step 3: Get your Board Online.
- SCP using a host computer connected to the same network (to copy music files over).
- Establish a terminal to your board either Via Serial port or SSH.
Make your Bluetooth* audio device discoverable.
Type the following in the terminal to your board.
1 rfkill unblock bluetooth
Scan for devices.
1 scan on
Find your device and pair to it (replace the MAC address with the MAC address of your device)
1 pair 00:25:DB:05:72:F2
On some devices you may need to connect as wel
1 connect 00:25:DB:05:72:F2
Quit the bluetoothctl
Verify that your A2DP device (the LG* headset in this case) is recognized in pulse audio as a sink device and that its sink name starts with bluez_sink.
1 pactl list sinks
Configure the default sink to use pulse audio server with the following command, replacing with the details of your device.
1 pactl set-default-sink bluez_sink.00_25_DB_05_72_F2
Copy an audio file (*.wav) to the Intel® Edison device using scp, and play the audio file using mplayer.
1 mplayer Intel_bong.wav
You may run into issues playing .mp3, stay tuned for updates.
If you're getting
1 Failed to pair: org.bluez.Error.AlreadyExists
then check which devices you are paired with
then remove the device you are paired to (replace the MAC address with the MAC address of your device)
1 remove 78:24:AF:13:58:B9
For other useful commands inside bluetoothctl
For more such intel IoT resources and tools from Intel, please visit the Intel® Developer Zone
Other Popular Deals
- Top 10 Android launchers (December 2016)The 10 best job hunting apps on Android
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer