Opera has launched a free and unlimited VPN app for Android. This comes a few months after the company launched a similar app for iOS devices. The company says that the app can help users enhance their online privacy, block ad-tracking cookies, and more. The app lets users choose from five server locations namely USA, Canada, Germany, Singapore and the Netherlands in order to get past internet restrictions.
Chris Houston, President of Surfeasy, Opera’s VPN division stated, “The Opera VPN app for Android sets itself apart from other VPNs by offering a completely free service - without a data limit, no log-in required, advanced Wi-Fi protection features and no need for a subscription.” Opera acquired Surfeasy last year and earlier this year, the company introduced a VPN feature built into the desktop browser earlier this year.
Further, the VPN for Android also comes with a built-in tool that can scan a Wi-Fi network to check how secure it is. If the tool detects any weaknesses, it will advise the user to enable the VPN. The tool will also give users a score ranging from A to F. A score of A means that the network is secure, while a score of F means that the network is not secure and users should proceed with caution.
Other Popular Deals
- Best Alternative Apps for your Android PhoneThe 10 best job hunting apps on Android
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer