Opera Software has released a new report that claims users of Opera Mini mobile browsers in India had used 75% less mobile data in the first half of the year. The report further states Opera Mini users saved about Rs. 2.1 billion in the first half (monthly saving of Rs. 350 million) of the year.
According to Opera's report, Opera Mini users on Java-based phones saved an average of 81% in mobile data each month, while smartphone users saved about 69%, the report reveals. Among smartphone users, those on Android phones clocked an average of 68.5% savings per month, while iOS users saved about 62%.
The report is based on aggregated information obtained from the Opera Mini servers.
“We understand how precious mobile data is for Indian consumers, and that’s why our servers work very hard to shrink every bit of data possible for Opera Mini users. It’s indeed gratifying to see that this translates into such gigantic savings for our Indian users. This is, however, only the tip of the iceberg. We are confident Opera Mini can help Indians save billions more”, says Sunil Kamath, Vice President for Southern Asia at Opera Software.
Data compression has emerged as one of the important features of the mobile browsers. Earlier this year, Google launched a data compression feature on Chrome mobile web browser. According to reports, Mozilla is also working on data compression feature.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (December 2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer