Zuver, a driver on demand app announced the launch of its operations in Mumbai on 02 April 2016. The app-based service aims to provide highly trained drivers for all situations, both as immediate bookings and advance bookings, with a highly segmented pricing model that accommodates multiple usage scenarios.
The cab-on-demand market in India has proved its mettle with providers like Ola and Uber now well integrated into our day to day travel requirements. But the driver market in India is still highly disorganised and getting a driver is often either an unavoidable headache or an expensive affair. Zuver aims to rival the convenience and usability of the cab providers in their services by providing a driver within 30 minutes of booking confirmation, as you want, when you want. Further extending that comparison, they also aim to overcome the current apprehension towards drivers due to some unfortunate incidents in the recent past, for which they have implemented multiple levels of verification and background checks that involve a 45-minute interview, address verification and also police verification.
To deal with the multiple use cases, Zuver has implemented a segmented pricing model that allows you to book for a minimum of 1hour or 8hour which incorporates a transit charge for the driver as well. Before the booking is confirmed, there is also an option to select whether the trip is a one-way or a two-way trip. And even if your booking is for an outstation trip, the payment mechanism is modified to charge you by the kilometre.
Zuver is currently being improved and modified and will be seeing several changes in the time to come with the addition of more features and use cases, both for the convenience of customers as well as drivers. They aim to add at least 1,000 drivers by the end of the year. And with other competitors in the market like DriveU and DriveBud also in their growing stages, it is probably going to be a good time for drivers as well as the people looking for them.
Other Popular Deals
- Top 10 Android launchers (December 2016)The 10 best job hunting apps on Android
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer