The app based taxi service Ola has started providing boat services along with experienced rowers to combat the flood affected areas in Chennai. The boats will be used to rescue and transport those who have been stranded in unaccessible & flooded areas. It is expected that Chennai will recieve more rains in the next 24 hours, hence a service like this could prove to be extremely beneficial. "Ola deployed boats in waterlogged and partially submerged areas on the basis of information from the Fire and Rescue department", Ola said in a statement. The Ola boats will easily ferry around Nine people and will also provide free water and food to rescued individuals.
"While we are addressing the increased demand for transportation in city, we are working closely with local stakeholders to help ferry those stranded in water-logged areas.", Ola, business head (Tamil Nadu), Ravi Teja said. People in Chennai have been tweeting about the service and using it to get out of flooded areas in Chennai.
Ola boatmen helping out in Chennai
The company says that the Ola boat service will continue for the next 3 days. If the intensity of floods increases, the service might be extended further.
Other Popular Deals
- Top 10 Android launchers (December 2016)The 10 best job hunting apps on Android
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer