Smartphone addiction is a growing problem. A new app called Offtime is going to help you get rid of smartphone addiction without missing out on important updates. The app has been developed by a German psychologist Alexander Steinhart in coordination with Humboldt University of Berlin and designer Michael Dettbarn.
According to a study, users were unlocking their phones about 63 times per day. "After using the app, that number declined. Users just unplugged for at least two hours per day," says Steinhart.
Offtime allows users to unplug from the phone without missing out on urgent updates. The app lets you decide to choose the important contacts and updates from them. Other features include insights on usages of phone, hours spent on the device, time spent on apps etc.
The app is available for download for Android users.
Other Popular Deals
- Top 10 Android launchers (December 2016)The 10 best job hunting apps on Android
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer