Whatsapp is now available for Nokia's Asha 501 smart feature phones, including the dual-SIM variants. The app will be released as the over-the-air software update that is scheduled to roll out this week.
After users download WhatsApp and log in for the first time on asha 501Where to buy 4189, the phone will automatically find and add contacts. WhatsApp for Asha 501 works like on other platforms.
“With message notifications appearing on your Nokia Asha 501 when somebody gets in touch, using WhatsApp really does feel like using any other feature that was pre-installed on the phone, rather than a third-party app,” explains Nokia in a post.
Users can also WhatsApp activity through Fastlane, a second home screen which works like a shortcut to favourite apps and content, features on Asha devices. Nokia has also announced WhatsApp will come preloaded on the Asha 500, 502 and 503 Dual-SIM phones, which are expected to be launched later this year.
The software update also has an API for Voice over IP, making it possible to make voice calls over a data connection using apps such as Nimbuzz to start, with more coming soon. Moreover, Asha 501 users can now use phone's camera by swiping up the Lock screen and capture an image by touching anywhere on the camera screen.
After taking the image, users can enter gallery with another swipe. The update also brings option to edit photos directly from there with a range of new filters and effects. Also, users can directly upload the images on social networks such as Facebook or send as an e-mail.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers worth trying out (2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer