WhatsApp has begun rolling out a new update for its app on Android, which adds a number of new emojis. The v2.12.441 update adds rolling eyes, hugs, upside down faces and more. The update also moves ‘heart’ emojis to symbols, instead of clubbing them with ‘people and faces’. There is also a separate section for flags.
The emojis were already available for users who manually installed the APK from WhatsApp’s website. The update was spotted by Android Police who also noted that the roll out seems to be quite slow as its Play Store changelog hasn’t been updated yet. Back in August, WhatsApp rolled out update v2.12.250, which allowed users to send emojis like vulcan salute, the middle finger, as well as different skin tones for select emojis. The update also gave users the option for setting custom notifications, marking chats read/unread and more.
Last month, WhatsApp update v2.12.413 for Android brought Facebook account integration, along with the option to enable encryption. Integration with Facebook would be available in the account setting options. However, only Android phones that have been rooted would be able to take advantage of the encryption feature.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices