Google has revealed a new change to its Google Now search that allows you to correct a misinterpreted spoken word. The feature has been rolled out globally for both iOS and Android platforms.
This feature could be useful for a number of words or situations which the voice search didn't understand correctly. Google has given an example of the word “baroque”, which now incorrectly translates as broke. Google says now you can simply say “OK Google: No, I said (correct word here)” and it should adjust accordingly.
The feature makes Google Voice search more natural and conversational, as compared to users having to perform the search again and stressing certain words just to be sure the voice assistant understood them. Google Now and Apple’s Siri are making constant updates to make their voice assistant apps more human like and easier to use.
Google has also added offline support for its Google Now cards that allows users to view the cards even without an internet connection. Google has recently added support for Indian dialect to its Voice Search, to improve search experience for Indian users and find answers on the web quickly. Google stated in a release, “Our volunteers are asked to read popular search queries in a variety of acoustic conditions such as in restaurants, out on busy streets, and inside cars, to best reflect real life and the role Search has in helping connect users with relevant information they need to go about their day.”
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer