A few days ago, Netflix announced that it will soon be adding HDR and Dolby Vision content to its platform. The streaming company also said that this content will be pushed out through version 5.0 of its Android appWhere to buy 3499, starting with the LG G6 smartphone.
Now, as per reports, Netflix has started pushing out the updated version 5.0 of its Android appWhere to buy 3499 to LG G6 users. LG and Netflix had announced a partnership to exclusively launch HDR and Dolby Vision content on the new flagship device back when it was unveiled at MWC 2017. Netflix’s own website lists the LG G6Where to buy 41690 as the only mobile device supporting this content currently. If you do own the LG G6, you could try downloading the updated Netflix app through the Play Store.
Netflix supports two different HDR streaming formats, Dolby Vision and UltraHD Premium (HDR). The content can also be viewed on a TV that supports either Dolby Vision or HDR, along with the Netflix app. Apart from the LG G6Where to buy 41690, some other non-TV devices that support Netflix in HDR (not Dolby Vision) include - Chromecast Ultra, Nvidia Shield, Nvidia Shield Pro, Roku Premiere+, Roku Ultra, Xbox One S. The company recommends an internet connection with speeds of at least 25 Mbps to stream this high quality content.
Even though Netflix has given dibs to the G6 for launching its HDR, Dolby Vision content on mobile, we expect the update will soon be rolled out to Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus users as well. Both the S8 and S8 Plus also support HDR streaming. The Galaxy S8 devices have a similar screen ratio as the LG G6, i.e 18:9, which Samsung claims will offer better video watching and multitasking, along with streaming HDR content.
If you are a LG G6Where to buy 41690 user and have access to Netflix's app version 5.0, let us know your experiences of watching Dolby Vision, HDR content on your phones. If you have an HDR capable device and the 4 Screen Netflix streaming plan, available titles will display an HDR logo next to their description. Similarly, If you have a Dolby Vision capable device and the 4 Screen Netflix streaming plan, available titles will display the Dolby Vision logo next to their description.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (December 2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer