Netflix has announced that subscribers will now be able to download and watch movies and TV shows on their mobile devices offline. This is the first time the company is offering such services and should be a great help in a country like India where broadband and LTE speeds may not be fast enough to support high quality streaming.
In Netflix’s official blog, Eddy Wu, the Director of Product Innovation states, “While many members enjoy watching Netflix at home, we’ve often heard they also want to continue their Stranger Things binge while on airplanes and other places where Internet is expensive or limited. Just click the download button on the details page for a film or TV series and you can watch it later without an internet connection.”
The new service will be available on devices running iOS 8.0 or later, or Android v4.4.2 or later. Further, users will have to ensure that they have the newest version of the Netflix app installed on their devices. The company also notes that the new feature is included in all plans.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices