Google’s navigation app Waze has just launched a new voice pack featuring the voice of none other the God or oration - Morgan Freeman. The move is a marketing tie-in to promote Freeman’s upcoming movie, London has fallen, a sequel to 2013’s Olympus has fallen. In the movie, he plays the Vice President and his navigation voice guides the driver as though he or she were the President. Regardless of the promotional aspect of this move, commuters will definitely enjoy the warm and comforting voice of the man who once played God. However, the voice pack is only available till March 31, so users are advised to get it as soon. Other celebrities who have lent their voices to the the Waze app include - Arnold Schwarzenegger, Stephen Colbert, C3-PO, and more.
Waze was developed in Israel in 2007 and encourages drivers to share real-time data on traffic and road conditions. The app was acquired by Google in 2013 and reports suggested that company paid over a $1 billion for it. However, it was later revealed that the company paid $966 million to acquire the app. The app is available on Android, iOS, and Windows Phone.
We do hope that this is how the Morgan Freeman voice navigation will guide us through the app. Although we highly doubt it.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (December 2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer