MobiKwik and the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) have announced a partnership in which railway passengers will be able make e-cash payments on the Food on Track app. The app is IRCTC’s official app that allows passengers to make book food from restaurants have it delivered to their coaches. MobiKwik is also powering payments for IRCTC Connect, which allows users to book train tickets.
Read the complete press release below
MobiKwik, the largest mobile payments company in India with over 32 million users and Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), today announced an exclusive partnership, wherein MobiKwik will power e-cash payments on IRCTC’s e-catering app, Food on Track. The app allows passengers to book and get food from their preferred restaurants, delivered right at their train coaches. MobiKwik is also powering payments for IRCTC Connect, which allows users to book train tickets instantly.
Speaking of the tie-up, Mrinal Sinha, COO, MobiKwik, said, “Last year, MobiKwik became the primary wallet on IRCTC Connect, and this year, we are taking our partnership a step further by offering a robust e-cash payments option on IRCTC’s e-catering app. Our partnership will greatly benefit users, as they don’t have to worry about paying in cash or search for change, given that trains halt at platforms only for a few seconds or minutes.”
Transacting with MobiKwik wallet on the move is fast and convenient. Users can pay through MobiKwik even in areas with spotty or patchy mobile connection as it is the lightest mobile wallet app in the country. Passengers can pre-order food at over 300+ stations from prominent food chains such as Dominos, Punjab Grill, KFC, IRCTC Food Plaza and others.
“MobiKwik has been chosen as the preferred wallet by IRCTC, as apart from other modes of loading money in the wallet, we also have enabled cash loading through cash pick up in select cities and cash deposit at over 100000 locations across 1000 cities in India. This is especially helpful for those who do not have access to net-banking, credit and debit cards or aren’t comfortable using the same.” Mrinal added.
Other Popular Deals
- Top 10 Android launchers (December 2016)The 10 best job hunting apps on Android
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer