Microsoft has announced that it is partnering with Acer to preinstall its apps and services on Android devices manufactured by the Taiwanese company. From the second half of this year, select Acer smartphones and tablets will come preloaded with Microsoft’s suite of productivity tools like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote,OneDrive, and Skype.
ST Leiw, President of Acer Smart Products Business Group stated “We’re excited to partner with Microsoft to provide enhanced mobile productivity to our products. By integrating the Microsoft software suite, Acer customers will enjoy productivity on-the-go along with the familiar computing experience on their smartphones and tablets.”
In a post on Microsoft’s official blog, Nick Parker, Corporate Vice President, Original Equipment Manufacturer Division, Microsoft, announced that the company now had 74 hardware partners who are making its productivity applications and services available on their Android phones and tablets. He says that these manufactures either already offer, or will soon offer, Android devices that come preloaded with Microsoft’s suite of services. Parker mentions Android powered devices from a number of manufacturers like the LG G Pad 2, Samsung Galaxy S6, and Sony Xperia Z4 as examples of devices that come with Microsoft’s services.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer