Microsoft has opened up the beta versions of Word, Excel and PowerPoint apps in the Google Play store for Android tablet users, in an effort to gather more feedback from a wider audience.
Microsoft stated in a blog post that the company wanted to get feedback from a broader set of users to ensure that the Office apps work well on a range of Android tablets before officially launching the apps. The Office 365Where to buy 14990 19190 team have also mentioned the requirements to install and run the apps, notably an ARM-based Android tablet with KitKat or Lollipop and a screen size anywhere between 7 to 10 inches.
Microsoft Office 365Where to buy 14990 19190 team stated in a blog post, "Starting today, anyone can go to Google Play and download the Word, Excel and PowerPoint preview apps. No waitlist. No requesting access. Just go and download the apps!" the post stated.
In November, the firm has announced that it was developing mobile versions of the Office applications to run on Android-based tablets after releasing a similar set of apps for Apple's iPad earlier. Microsoft has not set an official release date for Office for Android Tablet as yet, but has stated previously that the apps would be available early in 2015.
Microsoft which has been trying to compete with Android and iOS apps for a while now has been making its platform more open to developers. According to a recent report, the company may soon add support for Android apps on Windows Phone and Windows platform. This may happen with the Windows 10 OS whose consumer preview is expected to be unveiled at Microsoft's January 21 event.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer