Microsoft has announced a new update for the Skype App for Android and iOS. Outlook users who want to initiate a video conference can now do so with a simple click of the 'Skype Call' option housed inside the event creation screen. Doing so would create a link for users to a video conference with selected invitees. Tapping on the Skype link will lead users to a separate video conference room on the app. Those users who don't have the Skype app can still access the video conference through the recently released 'Skype for Web' platform. Google already sports a similar feature in their calendar app and users who want to initiate a video conference session can do so by clicking on the 'Create video call' button on the app. This generates a video conference on Google Hangouts.
The latest update also introduces some new improvements to Outlook’s user interface for Android and iOS. Microsoft states, "In addition to the new Skype Call scheduling features, we updated the calendar section of Outlook to give you more ability to manage your personal and professional life on the go. Managing your schedule starts with being able to navigate quickly to any day. With the new two-week mini-calendar, your events for the upcoming week are just a tap away. If you need to go farther into the future or past, simply swipe in this section to get a full month view. Outlook also now provides a three-day view, so you can see more of your schedule at a glance. In addition, we added the ability to set your week start preference—whether it is Saturday, Sunday or Monday. The two-week mini-calendar and ability to select week start preferences features are available today for iOS and are coming soon to Android."
The update also introduces an improved navigation bar for the Outlook for Android app. The update also brings the ability to save files to your Android device, setup automatic replies, an iOS contact widget, and support for 3D touch on iOS.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices