Microsoft is working a new app called NewsCast that will read out the news to its users. The app can prove useful in situations where the user is unable to look at their phones such as when they are driving. The app was spotted on Microsoft Azure Websites by Brad Sams from tech website, Neowin, but as of now, the app has been pulled from there.
The app was available for iOS users and the guy at Neowin downloaded it before its removal from the download page. According to him, the app is quite bare bones as of now, with no option to change or customize anything. The app makes a playlist of the summaries of news stories and uses Microsoft' s text-to-speech feature to read out the news summaries, which are about 30 seconds long.
He further added that there are two voices which read the news stories alternately. Users can also save the the articles for reading later. As for the voice, he said that they are neither natural nor too robotic, but there is room for improvement, especially when compared to Cortana.
The webpage where the app was available for download was also mentioned. The page is only meant for internal testing, which explains why Microsoft removed the app from the site. However, the interesting thing to note is that Microsoft is not the only one working on a news app. Twitter and Facebook were also reported to working on their own versions of a news apps.
Apart from this, Microsoft has released another cumulative Windows 10 update, which includes previous fixes as well. You can install the update to get previous fixes if you missed them. And if you already have them, the update will download and install only the new fixes.
Other Popular Deals
- Best Alternative Apps for your Android PhoneThe 10 best job hunting apps on Android
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer