Micromax has partnered with TranServ, a mobile payment company, for native mobile payment solutions. The tie-up will allow Micromax users to make financial transactions such as sending or requesting money, splitting bills, sending gifts, making payments, apply for micro-loans and more. Customers will be able to top-up the wallet online or with cash at Micromax stores. Micromax’s co-founder, Vikas Jain said that the service will be available next month. He added that most of the company's devices will get a software update which would add the digital wallet. The service will be optional for users and the wallet will be pre-installed on future Micromax devices.
“Our vision is to enable users to enjoy a seamless and delightful experience across categories like Hospitality, Travel, Healthcare, Entertainment, Ecommerce or Payments where we populate the gaps to map their digital journey to their fulfilled world. The growth in mobile payments has a lot to do with the ease of payment and tight integration with popular services. And our partnership with TranServ will bring Indian consumers, the most convenient & easy way to mirror their life on the fast evolving internet and mobile ecosystem. We have a roadmap to provide integrated services and leverage the mobile as a platform to converge these services,” Jain said.
Last week, Micromax’s sub-brand, Yu announced a new service called ‘AroundYu’ during the launch of the Yu Yutopia. The service pulls out information from a number of other applications displays them at a single location. The service is built into the phone’s Cyanogen operating system and is exclusive to the Yutopia.
Micromax’s co-founder, Rahul Sharma, has said that the company plans to manufacture all of its phones in India by 2018. The move is a result of the rising labour costs in China. There is also a possibility that Micromax may not launch phones priced more than Rs. 15,000 in the future.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer