Kaspersky Lab introduces its new mobile application – Kaspersky QR Scanner. The app is compatible with Google Android and Apple iOS and can not only read information codes, but also warn users about potentially dangerous links within them.
“Fraudsters are constantly coming up with new tricks to lure users to their malicious sites. One dodge that has become popular recently is to encrypt a phishing link in a quick response (QR) code. QR codes offer a convenient tool to send links to a mobile device, from computer screens or printed pages. However, while experienced users can recognize fake URLs on screen, there is no way of identifying a rogue QR code with the naked eye. This means cybercriminals are not only able to replace pictures with codes online; they can also physically glue their malicious QR codes over genuine ones on real-world posters and notices,” says Kaspersky Lab in a release.
Kaspersky Lab's QR Scanner offers scan QRs to access websites, images, text, contact details & more, check link automatically with Kaspersky Security Network, and also support to put the details on a business card onto your device – doing away with the need for manual input.
“All communication channels via which the fraudsters can transfer harmful information to devices need to be protected. Today they are hiding links in QR codes, so we need a secure scanner. Tomorrow, if they learn to send links via the radio or attach a punch card reader to telephones, we will have to protect them as well. The main thing is that Kaspersky Lab technology can detect the risk and effectively protect users,” said Alexey Chikov, Senior Product Manager, Kaspersky Lab.
Other Popular Deals
- Top 10 Android launchers (December 2016)The 10 best job hunting apps on Android
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer