It is no secret that Instagram is on a mad rush to copy Snapchat. Remember those strange cartoon villains that could absorb anybody’s powers and use it back at them? No? Even if you don’t, it’s not hard to understand that the villain here is Instagram without essentially being bad. In fact, Instagram does have a much wider reach than Snapchat, to begin with. To get a clearer idea, get this - the number of downloads for Snapchat on Google Play store falls in the 100 million to 500 million bracket, whereas that for Instagram falls in the 1 billion to 5 billion bracket.
So when, after Stories and disappearing messages (Instagram seriously couldn’t come up with a better name?), Instagram has incorporated another feature related to Snapchat, it doesn’t really come as a surprise. In fact, this one is actually a necessary feature that comes as a consequence of the ones adopted earlier. If you have started using disappearing messages on Instagram and shared your ephemeral moments with a close friend, who in turn, happens to be good with violating your trust and takes a screenshot of the same - Instagram will notify you. The notification will consist of the name of the person and the fact that they took a screenshot. No, this does not apply to stories or normal Instagram photos.
If you’ve been a bit late to this particular party, since its acquisition by Facebook, Instagram has added a slew of new features. Stories are Instagram's version of, well, Snapchat stories. Pictures, videos and Boomerangs can be added to a temporary collection that will disappear after a day. Also, Instagram now lets you send temporary direct messages that disappear once viewed.
With this additional feature, now all you need to control is the urge to capture a hilarious (or weird) moment if you don’t want to risk the sender finding out, and the rest of your Instagram days will be spent happily ever after.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (December 2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer