In its latest update, Facebook-owned Instagram has added a couple of new features to the platform. Instagram users can now keep their account safer with two-factor authentication. With two-factor authentication, users can tie their phone number to their Instagram account and will receive a security code to confirm their identity while logging in.
To turn on two-factor authentication for your Instagram account, tap on the gear icon found on your profile page and select the option from the menu. You will then need to provide your phone number to complete the setup.
The second new feature is targeted at users who do not want to stumble across sensitive content on Instagram. The Instagram format of scrolling through the feed makes users vulnerable to potentially sensitive images and videos. To avoid any unexpected surprises, Instagram will blur any such content flagged by users, even if it does not violate Instagram’s guidelines. These blurred posts will only be revealed to users who tap on them.
Both updates are rolling out to Instagram users worldwide right now.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer