Instagram has rolled out a new update for both iOS and Android that adds the ability to edit the caption beneath photos and change picture locations from within the app.
Instagram stated in a blog post that the ability to go back and edit captions on posts has been a much requested feature from the community. The editing feature has been added to for the post’s original comment/caption only, and if a users drops a typo in a friend’s photo, they’ll have to delete their comment and repost it.
"When you share a moment to Instagram, a typo shouldn't get in the way," Instagram said in a blog post introducing caption editing and other changes to the site. "This has been one of the top requests that we've heard from the community, and we're excited to finally bring it to you today. You'll find a new 'Edit' option in the menu beneath your image. Tap it to edit your caption."
Apart from that a new Explore icon has been added, with a Photos and People tab that helps you search who and what you are looking for. The post added that Instagram has also some "improvements under the hood" to enhance search on Instagram.
According to a recent survey conducted by Piper Jaffray’s called 'Taking Stock with Teens' Instagram usage among teens has increased from 69% to 76% with 38% of teens stating that Instagram would be the best marketing channel to reach them. The survey was conducted over 7200 US teenagers. Also Read: Instagram's new Hyperlaps app lets you make time-lapse videos
Other Popular Deals
- Top 10 Android launchers (December 2016)The 10 best job hunting apps on Android
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer