Instagram has updated its Android and iOS app with the support for landscape and portrait orientation photos and videos. The update, v7.5, gives users three modes to choose from, while uploading content. The existing square mode is the third available mode, apart from the newly added ones.
To upload a photo/video in landscape or portrait mode, one needs to tap on the new format icon on the bottom-left side. It will show the uploaded photo in square, landscape, and portrait mode, one by one. After choosing the desired mode, the rest of the steps remain the same. However, Instagram has stated that all landscape and portrait photos will appear center-cropped in grid view, but the full-sized version will appear in a follower's feed. The photos and videos should have an aspect ratio of between 1.91:1 and 4:5.
In addition to the format update, Instagram has made all the filters available for all both photos and videos, along with the option for adjusting the intensity of filters in videos. Instagram stated in its official blog post, “Square format has been and always will be part of who we are. That said, the visual story you’re trying to tell should always come first, and we want to make it simple and fun for you to share moments just the way you want to.” Instagram further said that about one in five photos/videos uploaded on Instagram is not in square format, which makes sharing content somewhat inconvenient on the app.
Instagram has announced the expansion of its platform to advertisers, and users now have the freedom to share their moments in a more convenient manner. This move is expected to increase user engagement on Instagram, which in turn will attract more advertisers towards the platform.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers worth trying out (2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer