Facebook-owned photo sharing app Instagram, has rolled out v6.0 for Android and iOS. The update brings new photo-editing tools that allow users to adjust the contrast, brightness, saturation and other features of pictures they take with their smartphones. The version 6.0 of Instagram for Android and iOS is available on the Google Play Store and Apple app store, though when the tools will reach the Windows Phone version of the app has not been mentioned in the blog post.
The Instagram filters allows users to enhance photos or add different hues to them, for eg, you can make an image look like it was taken with a Polaroid camera in the 1970s. The new Instagram functionality allows users to fine tune the creative effects of their photos as opposed simply using a filter on top of them, making it a fully-fledged photo-editing app. The tools are available via a wrench-shaped icon which appears after a filter has been selected. Apart from adding new 'creative tools', existing tools have also been improved including photo and video upload.
Instagram was founded in 2010 and acquired by Facebook in 2012. The photo editing app has more than 200 million users globally. Instagram updated its iOS app to version 5.0.11, which removed auto-sharing feature for Instagram likes and activity on Facebook, to avoid clutter. The update only let users share images to Facebook via the in-app share button.
The apps description on the iTunes listing page says, "Updated Facebook share settings: Continue sharing your Instagram photos and videos on Facebook. But Instagram likes and activity will no longer be shared on Facebook."
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers worth trying out (2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer