Google has added schedule of Indian Railways as well as public transport information for eight Indian cities in Google Transit. The app is available for desktop, Android and iOS users.
Users have to type their destination into Google Maps, click on the “Get Directions” button and then select the “Public Transit” icon to view the available public transport options available in Google Transit. The app will then display door-to-door directions to the destination with the public transport options available as well as walking directions to and from transit points. Users can get choose their preferred mode of transport as well as the time they are like to leave or arrive by, for planning their trip.
Google Transit feature in Google Maps helps users plan their public transport trips quickly and easily. The latest update will allow users to see information for 12,000 trains to eight different cities. Users will also be able to see details of bus and metro routes from Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Chennai, Mumbai, New Delhi and Pune.
Google Maps director, program management, Suren Ruhela said, “Google Transit is part of our effort to make Google Maps more comprehensive, accurate and useful for millions of people around the world who take buses, trains, metros or trams to their next destination. We hope that the addition of the Indian Railways schedules pan-India and updated information for eight cities to Google Transit in India will make it a little easier to plan your next trip.”
Google has recently announced a lane guidance feature for Google Maps on Android and iOS in India. The feature brings voice guided instructions signalling which lane they should stay in or move to while in Navigation mode. Lane Guidance is available currently for 20 cities in India, including Ahmedabad, Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkota, Chandigarh, among others. Google has also support for Hindi language for turn-by-turn and voice-guided instructions. Users simply have to choose Hindi as their preferred language in the “Language and input” menu found in their phone’s Settings menu.
Google also launched maps in Hindi, "in the hope that we can provide more useful and comprehensive maps for Hindi-speakers in India. This means that if you’re looking for a historical monument such as the Hawa Mahal in Jaipur, or the famous Lodhi Gardens in Delhi, you’ll be able to see the place’s name in both Hindi and English.”
Other Popular Deals
- Best Alternative Apps for your Android PhoneThe 10 best job hunting apps on Android
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer