Hyundai announces BlueLink smartwatch app ahead of CES 2015. The Android wear app will allow Hyundai car owners to remote start, lock and unlock doors of their car by using voice commands.
Hyundai has developed the BlueLink Android app in partnership with Station Digital Media. Users will be able to give simple voice commands like Remote Engine Start, Engine Stop, Remote Door Lock / Unlock, Remote Flash Lights / Honk Horn, Car Finder, Call Roadside, and Call BlueLink and many more with the app.
The South Korean car maker says that the Android Wear device with the Blue Link smartwatch app must be connected via Bluetooth to a smartphone to perform the commands. The company claims that the remote functions will work as long as there is Internet connectivity.
Hyundai stated that upcoming Android Wear supporting Blue Link app will be showcased on Samsung, Sony, Motorola, and LG smartwatches at the CES 2015 event. Users will be able to download the Blue Link smartwatch app in the first quarter of this year from the Google Play Store. The app will also be compatible with first and next generation Blue Link-equipped Hyundai models including the 2012 Sonata, 2015 Genesis, Sonata and the upcoming Elantra GT.
Barry Ratzlaff, Executive Director, Customer Connect and Service Business Development, Hyundai Motor America stated, "Connecting to your car through a smartwatch and voice recognition was previously something seen only in science fiction movies. Now, we can provide this capability to owners of Hyundai vehicles equipped with Blue Link."
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers worth trying out (2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer