Homegrown video streaming app, Hotstar, has struck a partnership with the ICC World Twenty20, 2016 through a sponsorship agreement. The agreement makes Hotstar an associate sponsor for the tournament, ensuring on-ground visibility for the tournament. It also gives Hotstar the exclusive live broadcast of the ICC World Twenty20 tournament.
Read the press release below
Mumbai, March 07, 2016: Hotstar, one of India’s leading video streaming platforms, today extended its partnership with ICC World Twenty20 2016 through a sponsorship agreement with cricket’s international governing body, the ICC, for the 2016 edition of its mega event.
The agreement makes Hotstar an associate sponsor of the tournament and ensures on-ground visibility for the platform at all venues for the entire duration of the month-long tournament.
In addition to the sponsorship agreement, Hotstar also holds the exclusive digital rights for the live broadcast of the ICC World Twenty20 2016
Ajit Mohan, President & Head, Hotstar, said, “We are delighted to have deepened our association with the ICC World Twenty20 2016. With the sponsorship, we are reinforcing our commitment to our users and delivering on the promise that whenever there is cricket, Hotstar is the place to follow the game. Continuing on our efforts over the last one year, we are focused on creating a delightful proposition for cricket fans.’”
ICC Chief Executive, David Richardson said, “We are delighted that Hotstar has decided to strengthen its support of cricket and relationship with the ICC as a global partner of the ICC World Twenty20 India 2016.
“Through the media rights partnership, Star India reaches out to a global television audience, which is further expanded via its digital platform, Hotstar. With the extension of the relationship to include sponsorship, Hotstar will now have the opportunity to engage and interact with the in-stadia cricket enthusiasts.”
As the momentum builds ahead of the ICC World Twenty20 2016, Hotstar will launch a series of campaigns to further drive up the anticipation among cricket lovers for this eagerly-awaited event.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (December 2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer