Here Maps is dropping support for Windows 10. The company has announced that it will remove its apps from the Windows 10 store on March 29 and the service will stop working after June 30. The Here apps will continue to work for devices running Windows Phone 8, but will limit the development of the app to critical bug fixes. Moreover, maps developed for Windows Phone will not be updated any further. In a post on its official blog, the company says that the reason for this decision is that Windows 10 would require them to redevelop the apps from the ground up.
In its post, the company says that “the essence of HERE apps lives on in the Windows Maps app.” It recommends that Windows 10 for Mobile users should use the preinstalled application as Microsoft developed the app using the Here platform. Here was one of the exclusive services offered by Windows Phone when it was launched and was one of the first to offer offline navigation on smartphones.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer