Google has updated its Gboard keyboard and has made it more useable for users in India. The keyboard now support for 22 Indic languages with transliteration support. These include Hindi, Bengali, Telugu, Marathi, Tamil and more. Besides this, keyboard also come with new text editing tools, new options for resizing, as well as improvements for better accuracy and predictions.
Besides 22 new Indic languages, Gboard added support for Kinyarwanda and Waray. Further, the company notes that through the keyboard’s internationalization through machine learning, glide typing and suggestion will now be available in more than 185 languages. Google notes that since some of the languages have a small presence on the internet, it worked with native speakers in the country in order to collect data. This data was then used to train its machine learning models. While Google does offer transliteration features via its Indic Keyboard, Gboard also offers other features like inbuilt Google Search and Google Translating features.
The new text editing features of the Gboard keyboard offer users with buttons for easier cursor control as well as the ability to select text, cut, copy, and paste from the keyboard itself. To access the feature, users need to select the Text Editing icon in the quick features menu by pressing the G button. Further, new users resize the keyboard and move it to a position that the user feels is most comfortable for them.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices