Google has announced a number of new feature for developers during its Playtime developer event. One of the announcements was of a new option in which apps on the Play Store could offer an introductory subscription pricing. For example, apps could offer a subscription fee of $1 per month for the first three months, before normal subscription charges set in. This may allow more users to try out the service at a cheaper price before committing to a long term subscription. However, the company did not mention the exact date from when the features will be available.
In a post on Android Developer’s Blog, Larissa Fontaine, Director, Global Head of Apps Business Development, google playWhere to buy 6180 states, “We know how important subscriptions are in helping you monetize and we're continuing to invest in features to support your subscription business. Subscriptions are the fastest growing business model on Play, with consumer spending in subscription apps increasing 10x over the last 3 years. Coming soon, you'll be able to create an introductory price for new subscribers for a set period of time.”
Google also talked about letting users pre-register for upcoming apps. Users who show interest in an app by pre-registering, will receive an alert when the app is made available. The program is limited at the time, but the company said that it was working with developers Supercell and King and let users pre-register for Clash Royale and Candy Crush Jelly Saga. The notes that the move has driven more than 30 million installs so far. Google also talked about its Early Access open beta program that lets developers build a user base, interact with early adopters and get feedback before an app is officially launched. The company says that since its availability, open beta titles have been installed over four million times.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer