Google has launched a new app called Spaces that allows users to chat and share content from the web within groups. The app comes with Google Search, Chrome, and YouTube built in and allows sharing of articles, videos, and images without the need to leave the app. It features a search function that lets users find content that was shared earlier. The app is available on Android, iOS, and the web for all Gmail accounts.
Luke Wroblewski, Product Director for Spaces said in a blog post, “Sharing things typically involves hopping between apps to copy and paste links. Group conversations often don’t stay on topic, and things get lost in endless threads that you can’t easily get back to when you need them.” He added that the company will be experimenting with Spaces at Google I/O and have created a space within the app for each session so that developers can connect with each other. He also mentioned they have “got a few surprises too”.
Google I/O is scheduled to start from May 18 and the company is expected to announce the next version of Android, currently known as Android N. The new OS will add native split-screen multitasking, Night Mode, emergency information, and more. Google may also unveil an upgraded variant of the Nexus 6P smartphone. The device was listed on Geekbench, indicating a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 SoC with 4GB of RAM. Further, the phone was running Android N.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (December 2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer