Google's next update to Gmail - version 5.0 -- For Android offers support for Yahoo and Outlook.com accounts. The new feature will allow users to manage all their mail accounts from within the Gmail app.
Gmail 5.0 for Android has not been officially launched yet, but Android Police was able to get access to the to the app. The site has released a video that introduces the new version of Gmail. Android Police reports that the new app supports Gmail, Yahoo, and Outlook.com accounts, traditionally the app only supported Google’s own mail service Gmail. However, it remains to be seen whether the upcoming Gmail app will also support Exchange ActiveSync accounts like the built-in Android mail client.
Google’s Gmail 5.0 for Android is expected to be launched in the next few weeks along with Android Lollipop. The Gmail 5.0 has an improved compose mail screen featured towards the bottom-right of the UI to make it quicker than ever to compose a new message. Other visual changes include updated iconography, tweaked buttons and rounded avatars. There is no word yet of any potential updates to Google's Gmail app for iOS, but it is also expected to release soon.
Google announced its Android 5.0 Lollypop devices last week, the Nexus 6 and Nexus 9. The devices are up for pre-order and will arrive in early November. The internet giant is expected to roll out Android 5.0 to its existing devices like the Nexus 5, Nexus 4 and the Nex 7 next month.
Source: Android Police
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (December 2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer