Google’s much awaited music streaming app, Google Play Music, might be making its way to Indian shores soon. According to a Reddit user’s post, the web version of the app has become partially accessible in the country. Search results for some popular tracks and albums have started showing prices in Indian Rupees (See images below).
Images of these search listings were also posted by the Reddit user. As per some of the price listings, it seems like a single song may cost around Rs.15, while album prices vary between Rs. 120 to Rs. 175, depending on the popularity, novelty of the album.
Apple Music Android update: Now save music to SD card for offline play
Another user on the same Reddit thread pointed out that YouTube Red might also be heading to India. YouTube red offers an ad free YouTube experience, with the ability to save videos for offline viewing, as well as the ability to play videos in the background. However, the Reddit user’s assumption is purely based on a notification about YouTube Red recieved by the user (See image below). Currently Indian users have an option of purchasing YouTube Red Originals, which are movies and series created by some of YouTube’s top creators.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer