According to reports, Google Now will be soon receiving media and music playback controls. This feature is already available for some users in a proto-form on their devices.
The commands can be activated by simply saying "next song." or "play next song' would play the next track on your mobile. Functions like "stop music", or "pause music" are also working, however saying "previous song" would restart the current song in the playlist, instead of playing the previous song. Saying "volume up/down" or "lower/raise volume" took users to the volume settings menu, but didn't change anything. The feature could be rolled out to most users within the next couple of weeks. These new commands will work well with Google's new Android Wear smartwatch.
Google released its Play Services 5.0 update for Android devices. The 5.0 update brings a dedicated category on the Play Store called 'Apps for Android Wear'. Google also released an Android Wear companion app for Android. The app connects with your Android Wear device and allows you to control voice action preferences, adjust notification settings and more from your smartwatch.
Google announced at the Google I/O conference that two new Android smartwatches the LG G Watch and Samsung Gear Live smartwatches are already available on the Google Play store. The smartwatchers are priced at Rs 14,999 and Rs 15,900 respectively. The LG G watch is already launched while the Samsung Gear Live is listed as 'coming soon.' These watches are under Google's Android wear project where the internet giant has tied up with various manufacturers including Motorola, Asus, Intel and Fossil to launch a new range of wearable tech.
Source: Android Police
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer