Google Now Launcher latest update brings Android Lollipop style look to devices running Android Jelly Bean and KitKat. The update is being released in phases and will reach your Android device in the next few days or you can download the latest version from the Play Store now.
The Google Search bar at the top of the launcher get a nice white color and better animations with the new update. The Google Now area of the launcher has a slide-in panel on the left, which lets you switch accounts, change Google Now settings and set reminders.
The update gives the Android Lollipop look, except the left-most home screen is Google Now. Swiping to the far left allows you to view cards related to your searches, your location, recommended websites, stocks, favorite sports teams, etc. Users can also use voice commands on this screen. Google has also added a new search language option to Search settings that allows you to choose in which language you want to see the search results interface.
Google Now Launcher doesn’t give users as much customization as other third party launchers like Nova, Apex and others. However, it gives users access to Google Now, high stability and Material Design look on their home screen. Previously, installing the Google Now Launcher from the Play Store would give you a version that was tailored to look similar to the Android version running on your device, now you get the material design look no matter what.
Have you got the latest Google Now Launcher? What do you think about the latest update? What do you think of Material Design in general? Share your thoughts in comments section below.
Source: Android Central
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer