Google may be planning to integrate Google Goggles into its Android camera app. According to a report by Slash Gear, the new feature would allow users to search for details of any object by taking a picture of it. This feature is already available via the Google Goggles app, but the new version would improve upon it as the app is only able to search entire images, not specific areas. According to the report, the new feature would allow users to outline specific areas of an image in order to fine tune their searches.
In addition, the report states that the technology has been tested in “wearable computing devices.” It is possible that this technology may be used in devices such as Google Glass, or an AR/VR headset. Previous reports have suggested that Google is working on a new Google Glass and Google Cardboard VR headset. The new VR headset is tipped to come with additional sensors and lenses, and may be built using plastic instead of cardboard.
Other Popular Deals
- Best Alternative Apps for your Android PhoneThe 10 best job hunting apps on Android
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer