Google’s latest addition to Maps, rolling out with the latest update, is ‘List’. With this, users can now create lists of recommended places in a city, and share the same with peers from within the Google Maps app itself. Users can curate lists from saved places and range them from favourite restaurants to best hangout areas, or even add a list for places one is interested in visiting.
To make the feature versatile, Google is adding in-app sharing and offline functionality to Lists. With in-app sharing, you can easily share a link to your curated list of recommended and interesting places in a city from within Google Maps, via any app installed on your phone including Facebook, Messenger, WhatsApp, Twitter and more. This is aimed at making Google Maps a more cohesive ecosystem, and will allow more users make good use of the full potential of Maps.
Lists can also work offline. For this, you will be required to download the map of a certain region. Once the map is saved, adding a place to your list will automatically update it on the offline map as well. To create a List, you need to click on the hamburger menu icon on the top left, tap on ‘Your Places’, open ‘Saved’, and tap on the blue ‘Add’ icon to create a list. Alternatively, you can tap on the icon of a place on the map, save it and add it directly to a new or existing list.
The update bringing this feature has not yet been made available for iOS in India, but should be rolled out very soon. Lists for Google Maps is available for both iOS and Android devices.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer