People living in Madhya Pradesh and the National Capital Region will now be able to find public toilets more easily. Google has announced that the locations of toilets in these two locations have been added to Google Maps. Users will now be able to access not just the location, but also the address as well as opening hours of over four thousand communal and public restrooms. The company is working with the Ministry of Urban Development and the aim is to improve sanitation.
Sanket Gupta, Product Manager, Google Maps stated, “When you search for “public toilet” on Google Maps in an area where the service is available, you’ll see a list of restrooms near you, including the respective address and opening hours. For instance, if you’re traveling on the National Highway 8 in Gurugram, locating a public toilet can be challenging and most often the only option is going to nearby restaurants and cafes. Having this information handy can make things much easier.”
The new service will be available on the desktop as well as the mobile app (Android and iOS) and can be accessed in English and Hindi. The Ministry of Urban Development also notes it plans to continue to provide information about public toilets for more cities.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (December 2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer