The Google Maps service will soon include a Driving mode. According to reports, Maps will get a major update in 2016 and the Driving mode will be one of the features that this update brings. While the update (Google Maps version 9.19) isn’t available on the Play Store right now, it may be rolling out to users soon. However, if you can’t wait for the automatic updates to roll out, an APK is available on APK Mirror.
Further, the new Driving Mode feature will be optional for users. It will intelligently utilise location history and other data in order to provide traffic updates, estimated time of arrival and more. The mode can be enabled from a shortcut on the user’s home screen and the navigation drawer will have a button to turn it off when required. However, the options on the home screen etc. have to be activated from within the app itself. Android Central points out that this in itself could be a bug and Google would have to come up with a better way in the final version of the application.
The new update also adds to Maps’ turn-by-turn voice assistance option, allowing users to add an on-screen toggle for turning the service on or off. This toggle was earlier in the overflow menu, which made it slightly more difficult for users to turn the feature on or off. Lastly, there will be other minor changes, including the Manage Location Settings option being changed to Timeline Settings.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (December 2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer