Google has announced that its Transit feature on Google Maps is now available across seven more cities in India including, Chandigarh, Lucknow, Vadodara, Indore, Mysore, Surat and Coimbatore. The feature helps users of Google Maps better plan their commutes within a city, by showing them various options for local transportation.
Transit can be used to view bus routes and stops, including details such as departure and arrival timings, names of bus stands, and stops where a user might need to change the bus. The feature works similarly for metros and local trains.
With its expansion, Google Maps’ Transit feature is now available across Sixteen Indian cities. Previously, the feature was made available to users in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Pune and Ahmedabad.
Transit can be found on the Google Maps app for Android and iOS. All you need to do is open the app, enter your destination, click on ‘Get Directions’, and tap the Transit (little tram) icon to view your various commuting options.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer