Google has revamped its Google Maps for Android and iOS with Material Design. The new update adds several features including in-app reservations, Uber integration and redesigned information sheets for individual places. The update will be rolled out over the next few days.
The new Google Maps app will have better Uber and OpenTable integration. Earlier this year Google Maps had integrated a couple of Uber features like the ability to “Get an Uber” and see the estimated drop-off time. The revamped app will now also show estimated pick-up time and price for your route.
Users will also be able to make reservations at a restaurant using the new Google Maps app through OpenTable (U.S. only). Earlier Google Maps showed a link to OpenTable when searching for a restaurant, but now it lets users set up the reservation directly within the new app. Google’s largest ad partners Priceline acquired OpenTable for $2.6 billion in June this year.
Google stated in a blog post, “Over the next few days, when you open up Google Maps on your Android or iPhone, you’ll be greeted by bright colors and a fresh new design. This new look is all about creating surfaces and shadows that echo the real world; with Google Maps’ new material feel, layers and buttons come to life so you know just where to touch to get directions, recommendations and imagery.”
In September Google updated a new feature in Maps that allows users to add missing places and points-of-interest to Maps directly from their mobile apps. The feature has been rolled out for Android as well as desktop users for now, no details have been mentioned if the feature will be launched on iOS.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer