Google has launched new dedicated mobile apps for Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides. The apps can be downloaded from the iTunes store for iOS and Google's PlayStore for Android devices.
The new Google Docs and Google Sheets apps are designed to allow users to create and access documents and spreadsheets on their mobile devices. Earlier the documents could only be accessed via Google Drive or the web. Google has rolled out the Google Docs and Sheets app and will launch Google Slides, its presentation app 'soon'.
The Google Docs app offers offline support as well as viewing, editing, and creating files without a data connection. Users can share and work together on documents and respond to comments. You won't have to fear about losing data as it is automatically saves it on the Cloud server.
The Google Sheets app allows you to create and edit spreadsheets from anywhere. You can share spreadsheets, enter/sort data, Format cells and more, all without an internet connection.
The launch of the new Docs, Sheets, and Slides apps will help Google compete against Apple and Microsoft on productivity apps. Microsoft's Office apps for iPad are already quite popular on the Apple app store and Apple also offers free productivity tools iPhones and iPads.
Google recently launched a Standalone Camera app for Android devices. The Google Camera app lets you click immersive shots with its Photo Sphere mode and has a Lens Blur mode that changes the focus of the image after taking the shot. The Google Camera app can be downloaded from the Google Play Store and works on devices running Android 4.4 KitKat.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers worth trying out (2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer