Google Fit, the central dashboard app to track your fitness, announced at the latest Google I/O, is available for download on the Google Play Store. The app can connect to multiple fitness tracking apps and Android Wear devices.
The app will maintain and keep track of your health and fitness after an initial setup. You can add activities like walking, cycling and others manually while engaged in the activity. Google released an API for the same a few months back so that developers could integrate third party apps and devices into the Google Fit app.
The newly launched app will be a rival to Apple’s HealthKit. Both apps, in their current iterations, will create user profiles and save your personal, health and fitness data on the device and on the cloud. Both of these apps will serve as hubs which will connect to fitness trackers, wearable devices and other fitness apps.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer